Since 2008 e+a Elektromaschinen und Antriebe AG has been manufacturing components for mobile (shipborne, truck, railroad and airborne) and stationary (land-based) energy generation; applications include ORC, sCO2, micro-turbines, turbo-expanders, automotive range extenders, man-portable generators, gas turbine engine driven, etc.
- Winding design for high-performance machines
- Generator and frequency converter parameter adjustment (clock frequency, maximum output frequencies...)
- Maximize efficiency
- Successful projects in applications > 1000kW
- Proprietary winding design significantly reduces losses at high frequencies
- PM rotor technology enables prodigious torque at very high speeds with maximum efficiency
- Development and manufacture of proprietary CFRP sleeves for high tip speeds (280 m/s)
- Compatibility with commercial refrigerants verified by laboratory testing
- e+a and customer joint development of suitable cooling processes for large rotors & stators
- Joint development of shaft-rotor assemblies satisfying rotor dynamic constraints
With the continued successful implementation of projects in decentralized energy generation, e+a can support customers with applications in both Low Voltage and Medium Voltage regimes, and with output powers up through and exceeding 1000kW.