Induction Motors with Copper Profile Rotors
Modern, powerful, efficient, without magnets!
High-Torque Induction Machine as an alternative to PM Synchronous Machines
The e+a series of Induction Motor Elements with Copper Profile Rotors combines the advantages of PM synchronous machines with those of induction machines.
Advantages compared to a PM-Synchronous Machine: without Magnets, temperature resistant rotor, no voltage protection module required, simple starting up and control as well as a broad speed range without speed sensor.
- Stators with Alka™-type construction
- Steel reinforced end rings for high maximum speeds
- high density torque
- very robust design, non-sensitive to PWM losses
- large rotor bore
- sensorless closed-loop operation feasible
- simple handling during processing, installation and operation
- tried and tested technology, suited to today’s needs
Motor elements from the ASMpro series are particularly suitable for applications requiring high torque and a broad speed range.
Examples of high-pole designs:
1,000Nm and 10,000rpm:
Type mW30/35-8 pole on the inverter common to the industry
3,000Nm and 6,500rmp:
Type mW42/50-12 pole on the inverter common to the industry
Download as PDF